HISTORY & MILESTONES
|1976 – On 16th June, Dr Kishore Shankerdas inducted into the management,
1978 – Expansion under his aegis; Plastic factory setup operations,
1979 – State of the Art, Distillery setup and Bottling Plant expanded.
1979 – Conduit Pipe plant setup.
1980 – 1989 : Expansion Phase
* 1984: Diversified into Candle and Tissue Manufacturing
* 1985: Setting up of the Cosmetics Divison: Petroleum Jelly, Medicated Balms etc.,
* 1989: The renowned PEGAPAK (R) Alcoholic Beverages Launched.
|1989 – 400++ Employees , a milestone in the region.
1991 – Sierra Leone Rubber Company setup as a subsidiary, 250 employees
1991 ~ 2002 – Fell victim to the rebel war. But rose like a Phoenix amidst the challenges.
1996 – Asset Acquistion of Wellington Distilleries to form R.K.Distilleries.
1996 -“LUVIAN” ,”LUV AQUA” Purified Drinking water Launched.
1999 ~2002 – Factory complex burnt to ground by rebels. Reconstruction and expansion. Never looked back since!
2002 – The launch of the famous BEETA KOLA beverage.
2003 – Plastic Water Tanks Manufacturing Technology Setup. – Capacity augmentation of the Drinking Water Plant.
2004 – PVC Pipes manufacturing plant commissioned. – Foray into commercial scale Agriculture
2010 – Acquisition of Liberty soft drinks brand and assets. Launch of “RAM”& “Liberty” range of carbonated soft drinks.
2012 – Foray into Agriculture. Large scale farming of Pineapple, Cashew and Coconuts were undertaken.
~2014 – Amalgamation and Merger of the various businesses to form one corporate entity ‘G.SHANKERDAS (S.L) LIMITED’ – IN QUALITY ,WE TRUST
– Plastics Films Division expanded with state-of-the-art machinery.
– Acquisition of Foam Products business and Brand “FOMACO”, diversified into manufacturing of Matresses and Pillows.
2017 – Capacity augmentation of soft drinks factory at wellington with high-speed state-of -the -art automated bottling line.
– Filing for FDA registrations and approvals initiated.
Re-Launch of the all popular RAM COLA, RAM ORANGE, RAM LIME, RAM GRAPE, RAM MINT and many more flavours are to be introduced.
*Overseas partnerships established for enabling exports.